Tuesday, October 10, 2017

MOON THOUGHTS WHEN I CAN’T SLEEP




MOON THOUGHTS WHEN I CAN’T SLEEP

I cut the moon in half with a butter knife last night.
And since I made that crooked slice,
 I let you choose which half you wanted.

You took the east side, so I took the west.

I placed my half of the moon up high in the sky
And I let it’s light guide me through the trail in the woods,
To the creek, where the water glistened.

I sat for a spell and listened for the wolves, but they weren’t howling…

So I let the light from my half of the moon lead me back home.
I snatched it and pulled it down from the sky
And I laid my half of the moon on the kitchen table.

With my butter knife I spread cream cheese on a bagel.
And I pressed my half of the moon on top of it.
I climbed into bed and slept peacefully,
Knowing the breakfast treat that awaited me.

What did you do with your half of the moon?
Or....
When I came home from my walk
I noticed that my half of the moon
Was slipping away, toward the horizon...
So I thanked it... and I let it go.

What did you do with your half of a moon?


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites! I responded to Kay when she sent me this. So creative! L,r

    ReplyDelete